Micro Language offers 1v1 and group classes. At the moment you can begin teaching at Micro Language without having attained a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA qualification (though you must be willing to attain one immediately). For this reason many new ESL teachers choose to begin their online English teaching career with Micro Language. Unlike most Chinese online teaching companies, Micro Language accept excellent English teachers from around the world.
Example video of Micro Language's 1v1 class
Example video of Micro Language's group class
With ML you can become a group teacher after completing a 3-6 month internship period. Teaching group classes is a great way to expand your online teaching skill set and earn higher wages, too! If you are looking to progress your online teaching career, then this could be the right company for you.
is recruiting now!
This opportunity is perfect for people who are looking for some part-time work. The teaching timetable is flexible, and you can work from the comfort of your own home. Micro language is looking for experienced and qualified (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA) English teachers, or those willing to study for a TEFL certificate once they start work. Unqualified ESL teachers can gain a TEFL certificate from them at a reduced price while they are working.
Initially, all new teachers will complete a 3-6 month internship during which they will teach one-on-one classes. Pay begins at around $11 (£13) per hour. This hourly rate will increase over time based on performance, and, after a period of 3-6 months, you can begin teaching group classes if you pass the requisite assessment. Pay for 1 v N (up to 10 students) teaching begins at $16 (£13) and pay for group teaching begins at $18.3 (£15).
- Excellent pronunciation of English language
- Teaching experience (paid or voluntary)
- ESL certificate including TEFL/TESOL/CELTA (or a willingness to obtain )
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, excellent interpersonal skills
- Desktop/laptop, a headset and a camera for online teaching
- Stable internet connection with a minimum upload/download speed of 20Mb
- Available for at least 6 hours per week
How to apply?
Please finish the following application form, then wait for shortlisting. The most important part of it is that make and upload a self-introduction video. The purpose of this video is to introduce you to prospective students. Many of the students will be children and it is important to bear this in mind when making the clip. The video should be around 30 seconds in length and must include the following information:
- Name Your role (English teacher)
- A one sentence summary of your education/work background
- An enthusiastic message addressed to your potential students (e.g. “I’m really looking forward to speaking with you”)
Making an engaging and enthusiastic video is essential to becoming a successful online tutor with us. Please consider the following when making your clip:
- Be enthusiastic, confident and expressive Look directly into the camera
- Speak slowly and clearly
- Demonstrate clear and precise English pronunciation
- Be presentable Have fun