join Vipx Today
VIPX is an online English teaching company in China. It was founded by TAL Education Group, one of the largest and most successful Chinese education companies. What makes them special is that they offer stable timetables for teachers and students, which makes life easier for teachers who are looking for regular work without worrying about getting bookings. At VIPX they value a positive, can-do attitude more than a long list of achievements on your CV. If you are an enthusiastic and outgoing teacher you will fit in perfectly at VIPX.
Earn up to $22/hour
Labby is recruiting
for VIPX now
VIPX is looking for a committed individual to complement our qualified workforce of educators. You will be responsible for implementing teaching lessons according to the company’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. You will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use technology to facilitate learning
- Submit personalized written feedback to each student within 24 hours of class completion
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending webinars, training etc. provided by the company
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents, and stakeholders
- Native English speaker or IELTS 9
- Completed bachelor’s degree
- Obtained a teaching credential (eg. teaching certificate, TEFL, TESOL)
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Preferred: Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education
- Preferred: Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the company’s policies and procedures
- Competitive pay rates up to $22 per hour taught
- Training & Development Flexible scheduling
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- Administrative and peer support
- A job that will make you want to get up and “go to work” everyday! VIPX
Guidance for VIPX's interview
Most frequent questions and answers
The contact at VIPX will email you 5 PowerPoint slides. These are the slides you will use to teach during the 15-minute demo section of the interview.
In the email you receive from VIPX, you will find a link to a blog post with information about how to pass the demo.
You can also watch this YouTube clip of someone doing the demo section of the interview.
This video is extremely useful because it shows you exactly what the recruiters at VIPX are looking for.
Successful candidates will receive 3 hours of training. Training is split into 2 sessions that take place on consecutive days.You will learn how to use VIPX’s online teaching platform to deliver engaging lessons to your new students.
Your wages will be paid monthly by bank transfer. The pay is impressive: you can earn as much as $22 per hour, with generous bonuses for attendance and for referring other teachers to VIPX.
You will teach young students aged 3-14. VIPX students may be young learners, but they are committed to developing their English skills and learning about English-speaking culture. Most VIPX students have decided to study English outside of regular school hours in order to work closely with native-level English speakers. Your mission is to help them in their quest to master the English language and thrive in a competitive academic environment.
VIPX asks their teachers to work for a minimum of 10 slots per week. Students receive a stable schedule and pick a teacher who will help them to achieve their goals. Below you can see the timetable. Please note that the times of each 50-minute slot are given in Beijing time (7 hours ahead of UK time). The white slots are unavailable and there is no teaching on Mondays. VIPX asks new staff to pick at least 10 of the purple (peak time) slots and to commit to a stable timetable for 6 months.